As a leading Technical Recruitment Consultancy Zebrec are delighted to offer this role as PROJECT ENGINEER working for our client who is a reputable & leading provider of professional services to their industry of Audio Visual Systems Integration.
Role & Responsibilities of the PROJECT ENGINEER:
Responsible for final design configuration, confirmation of and detailed layout of equipment, and development and testing of specific system code for specific Audio-Visual systems integration projects. This will include coordination and assistance for any technical related questions with all project team resources during implementation to ensure projects achieve time, scope, budget, quality and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Provide technical oversight of a project from award through installation and completion
- Review project Scope of Work (SOW) to ensure quality and completeness
- Review hour estimation for work based on needs analysis, scope of work and bid requirements
- Develop engineering and architectural (RCP/Floor Plan) drawings, calculations, acoustical modeling as needed
- Identify and address technical or logistical impediments to delivering scope of work
- Identify special requirements for project, including but not limited to: test equipment, specialized tools, rigging support
- Test audio DSP or video processing systems software required for system functionality
- Provide engineering support to project installation team when needed
- Provide technical oversight on commissioning of systems both in-house and on-site
- Meet with current/prospective vendors to help evaluate products
- Provide weekly project updates for Project Manager
- Responsible for assisting the Project Manager in monitoring project budget
- Design wall plates and overlays
- Test integrated systems and perform troubleshooting when needed
- Provide engineering and DSP system programming support to project installation team when needed
- Scrub/Approve equipment based on final design for Project Manager to complete equipment orders
- Support Project Manager in project hand-off to the installation team when needed
- Provide Project Manager documented test results from system testing and commissioning
- Review project designs created by internal and external resources and submit to CAD department
- Review field and shop red-line drawings, revise shop drawings to “as-built’ status for submission to CAD department.
- Ability to travel to various job sites required
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
- Proven business writing skills
- Proficient with test and calibration equipment
- Support user acceptance testing
- Ability to program, change and troubleshoot (AMX/Crestron/Biamp/QSC etc)
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems
- Advanced computer skills as required for the design, configuration, and operation of AV equipment
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues
- Valid Driver’s License that meets our client's driving standards
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a ‘A’ Levels or equivalent
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
- Avixa CTS to be held (preferred by not essential)
- Minimum Five years of AV experience is preferred
If you would be interested in applying for the role of PROJECT ENGINEER then please send us a copy of your CV or contact us at Zebrec and chat online.
Please also view our other live roles on our website. You can also follow us on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter) for regular live updates.
We look forward to your application for the role of PROJECT ENGINEER.