As a leading Technical Recruitment Consultancy Zebrec are delighted to offer this role as AV SYSTEMS DESIGNER working for our client who is a reputable & leading provider of professional services to their industry of Audio Visual Systems Integration.
Role & Responsibilities of the AV SYSTEMS DESIGNER :
Reporting directly to the Commercial Design Manager, you will assist in coordination of workloads in pre and post sales whilst actively working on the production of CAD drawings, schematics, plans and associated documentation for live commercial AV projects.
- Producing AV System Schematics, AV Positional Layout Drawings, Rack Layout Drawings, ‘As- Builts’ and any additional drawings necessary for the successful delivery of a project.
- Assisting in the production of Cable and Components listings, including first fix cable schedules and any additional documentation required for successful supplementary support to the project.
- Monitoring and administration of any relevant Main Contractor’s project document control and management websites/portals, for necessary documentation and drawings to support the project.
- Supporting ‘mid-project’ variation documentation, drawings and records.
- Specialist Drawings; As required for custom production work.
- Tracking and recording changes and developments in drawings & plans and reporting to the assigned Project team members.
- Co-ordinating the drawing development against Site Survey Results and Sales & Handover information including; Scope of Works, M&E Requirements, Method Statements & Risk Assessments. 8. Providing design support to the sales team on tender proposals, raising RFI’s, any other supporting documentation required, and possible post bid meeting attendance.
- Occasional site attendance for necessary project meetings.
- Working alongside the sales team to assist in producing accurate bills of material on both tender responses and Design & Build projects.
- Recording design related task progress and reporting same to the project team. Managing project tasks, with a view to ensuring deadlines are met.
- Monitoring industry product trends, changes and integration challenges as they develop.
Qualification and Experience
We are looking for an experienced designer with the necessary technical skill set, training and track record to move into the position of Commercial Systems Designer Level 2.
Key Skills & Achievements
Required - Successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A recognised AutoCAD Design qualification or 3-5 years’ relevant proven experience
- Strong understanding of ICT infrastructure and IP networks
- Attention to detail and methodical in record keeping
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with people across different roles
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum within the AV industry, manufacturers and equipment including but not limited to: - AV control systems, networking hardware, lighting control systems, BMS systems, HD switching & HDBaseT knowledge
- Good working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software applications
Desired - Although not required, it would be an advantage to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous 3D and BIM modelling experience
- Prior experience in any or all of the following: - AV Programming, Project Management, senior AV installation engineering
- Preferred one or more of the following qualifications: - Infocomm CTS-D Qualification, Crestron DMC-D-4K Certification, AMX ACE-D Certification, etc.
If you would be interested in applying for the role of AV SYSTEMS DESIGNER then please send us a copy of your CV or contact us at Zebrec and chat online.
Please also view our other live roles on our website. You can also follow us on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter) for regular live updates.
We look forward to your application for the role of AV SYSTEMS DESIGNER .