My client is looking to recruit a CNC operator and programmer to join a small cohesive team producing both production and bespoke items
The role provides a career opportunity for someone to have a key role in the company opportunity and to further their skills in design and development.
- Have worked in a fine limit sheet metalwork factory
- Have Experience and a working knowledge of CNC punching machines (ideally LVD)
- Underpinning understanding of PC files and disciplined file management
- Have Experience in Programming/Developing/Nesting flat patterns drawings on CAD CAM software (we operate with Radan, StudioCAM, AutoCAD and LVD Delta Shape
- Have a operated a programmed drawing for a CNC punch - Radan, StudioCAM, AutoCAD and LVD Delta Shape)
Role and Responsibilities
- Setting up/running the punch, preparing tools and materials
- Set up download and punch existing parts
- Have the ability to draw (in Radan or AutoCAD), modify, programme and download new simple parts
- Programme new parts for punching
- Setup the tooling for each punching operation
- Maintain the daily operation of the CNC punch including the sharpness and condition of tooling.
- Manage and monitor stock levels to best utilize the companys resources.
- Work with the Design Manager to ensure that designs are programmed ready for manufacture