As a leading Technical Recruitment Consultancy Zebrec are delighted to offer this role as DESIGN ENGINEER working for our client who is a reputable & leading provider of professional services to their industry of Audio Visual Systems Integration.
Role & Responsibilities of the DESIGN ENGINEER:
- Ability to translate customer requirements into functional system designs.
- Review pre-construction design and documentation.
- Provide assistance with technical design and level of effort needed by estimating hours and highlighting logistical challenges for the sales team to consider while pricing the opportunity.
- Generate functional system descriptions and block diagram
- Identify all cabling and miscellaneous material needs.
- Design wall plates and overlays.
- Assist Account Manager with labor and material estimates for projects.
- Assume ownership of project installation when required.
- Develop engineering and architectural (RCP/Floor Plan) drawings, calculation, acoustical modeling or other data as required
- Provide on-going engineering support as needed
- Assist with project sign-off.
- Meet with vendors/prospective vendors to help evaluate product as requested.
- Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
- Proven business writing skills
- Proficient with test and calibration equipment
- Support user acceptance testing
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems
- Advanced computer skills as required for the design, configuration, and operation of AV equipment
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues
- Valid Driver’s License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets our client's driving standards
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a ‘A’ Levels or equivalent
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
- Avixa CTS to be held (preferred by not essential)
- At least two years of AV Design experience is preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of AV experience
If you would be interested in applying for the role of DESIGN ENGINEER then please send us a copy of your CV or call us on 01622 764465.
Please also view our other live roles on our website. You can also follow us on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter) for regular live updates.
We look forward to your application for the role of DESIGN ENGINEER.