As a leading Technical Recruitment Consultancy Zebrec are delighted to offer the role of Onsite Conference Room Technology Planner working for our client who is a reputable & leading provider of professional services to their industry of Corporate Audio Visual Systems Integration.
Main Role, Responsibilities, Skills & Experience of the Onsite Conference Room Technology Planner:
Plan, design and deliver Audio Visual collaboration technology in our client’s conference rooms (globally) to support company meetings and conferences. Project management of conference room-based collaboration technology, with an emphasis on high-quality projection, control & audio/video conferencing solutions.
• Follow the Conference Room Planning Process
o Receive a ticket for customer request for a new or upgrade of existing conference room
o Meet with the customer to review customer conference room technology needs
o Conduct a conference room site survey
o Create drawings and request cost estimates from all parties (equipment vendors, trades, property management, etc.) for the conference room project
o Present technology recommendation to customer
o If room is a Non-Standard approved design, Planner must gain prior approval from Executive Stakeholder, to proceed with project.
o Once customer approves design, Planner will provide signal flows and drawings to vendors to provide actual cost for room build. Requests for firm pricing proposals for equipment, installation, skilled trades work, etc. to provide final pricing to customer
o Planner will then enter RFQ, and Requisitions for equipment orders and coordinate all aspects of conference room installation to successful completion
o Planner will work with Internal teams to open Change Control tickets for equipment configuration and equipment commissioning to insure standards and room meets customers desired room experience.
o Planner will work with vendor to coordinate onsite visits for installation of equipment, electrical, network services, property management for construction needs, etc.
o Planner will confirm job is complete, collect equipment documentation, serial numbers, etc. and make sure the information is added to the global directory for post installation service and support.
o Planner will provide weekly project updates to Stakeholders. These reports will provide:
▪ CSS details for consistency tracking avoiding job duplication
▪ Current project status highlighting any issues / road blocks
▪ Review of Quotes prior to being passed to the customer
▪ Any other details that will help in ‘job tracking’
o Travel will be necessary to support non-local customers for new conference room build requests and project management, primarily Germany.
• Lead the conference room assessment, design & delivery process, including gathering Audio Visual requirements, conducting site surveys, determining facility remediation needs and completing the delivery and commissioning of the system
• Meet with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders to evaluate site-specific requirements
• Provide high-level room and AV system design based on Client IT standards, customer requirements, and directional cost estimates
• Work with both Client and End User engineers to recommend technical & facility architecture
• Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of presentation, audio and video products, including supplier services and vendor management
• Schedule conference rooms & resources (Client and non-client) for A/V system integration projects
• Work with the client and third parties to obtain labour and material quotes for facility preparation, obtain clearances and consult on electrical placement, plant and HVAC remediation requirements
• Work closely with the helpdesk and field service engineers, where required
• Assume ownership of assigned conference room installation projects, including acting as lead for project planning, execution and communication processes
• Provide follow-up sessions with customers to gather feedback on whether the customer requirements have been addressed and met.
• Provide additional AV job functions at the discretion of Client management.
Skills and Abilities
• High levels of Professionalism and Integrity
• High ability to work with peers
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times
• Extensive use of business computer systems including Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint. Education and/or Experience
• Excellent knowledge of Audio Visual systems: Control, presentation (projection & display) audio conferencing and video conferencing
• Ability to manage multiple & concurrent medium-to-large conference room build projects
• Experience and understanding of IP conferencing technology ad standards, audio conferencing, collaboration tools and techniques and conference room control systems and hardware (Cisco, AMX, Extron, BIAMP, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Previous experience of Visio would be advantageous but training can be provided)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Recognize problems / issues and take the necessary steps to resolve them quickly
• Associate (BS/BA degree preferred) in IT, or other related field or related certification.
• Avixa CTS Certification is a requirement of this position. The successful candidate agrees to actively pursue the qualification if not already held.
If you would be interested in applying for the role of Onsite Conference Room Technology Planner or to discuss a detailed specification then please send us a copy of your CV or chat with us on our website.
Please also view our other live roles on our website. You can also follow us on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter) for regular live updates.
We look forward to your application for the Onsite Conference Room Technology Planner role.
Audio, AV, A-V, A/V, Audio Visual, Audio-Visual, AudioVisual, Autodesk, AMX, AV Design, AutoCAD, AV Integration, Avixa, BMS, CAD, Cisco, Clearone, Crestron, Corporate, CTS, Data, Design, Digital Signage, Digital Video, Exterity, Extron, Harman, HD, HDBaseT, Home Automation, Home Cinema, Infocomm, IoT, IP, Kaleidescape, Lighting, LG, Lighting, LG, Lutron, Microsoft Project, MS Project, NEC, Networks, Networking, PA Systems, Panasonic, Polycom, PM, Prince2, Prince 11, Project Manager, Project Management, QSC, Residential, Revit, Samsung, SD, Sony, Video, VC, Video Conferencing Systems, Visio, Visual, Yamaha