The purpose of this role is to oversee the manufacturing processes. The Production Engineer will provide technical support to the
Value Stream for all production engineering activities, whilst striving to continually drive improvements to processes and manufacturing KPI’s (SQDCP).
• Providing technical support to manufacturing, with responsibility to support and improve existing manufacturing processes, and the introduction of new products and process equipment
• Managing projects to drive process improvements, applying best practice manufacturing techniques, driving the application of new edge technologies, and supporting continuous improvement philosophies within the company
• Supporting the introduction of new components and creating process documentation.
• Building credible and successful working relationships with other teams in the business, including production and technical teams
Our client will provide full training and exposure to all aspects of production as part of their induction, however if you have the following skills they will consider you as an applicant:
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a structured, systematic, professional and conscientious approach and manner
• The ability to champion and drive improvements in a production environment
• An approachable personality, with the ability to build credible relationships with staff at all levels of the organisation
• The ability to work in a fast paced environment, and provide a responsive and pragmatic service
• A positive, pro-active and flexible attitude in all facets of your work
• Good time management, and an ability to work to deadlines (you are determined & tenacious when approaching a goal)
• Good persuasion & influencing skills
It will also be an advantage if you have the following key skills/qualifications:
• A degree or equivalent with some experience of mechanical, production or manufacturing engineering environments
• An understanding of process control methodologies to improve production quality e.g. FMEA, root cause analysis, control plans
• Proven project management experience
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge and experience of the implementation of best practice manufacturing techniques e.g. Lean, 5S, SMED, standard work
• Previous experience of managing staff would be advantageous but is not essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills