As a leading Technical Recruitment Consultancy Zebrec are delighted to offer this role as PROJECT MANAGER working for our client who is a reputable & leading provider of professional services to their industry of Audio Visual Systems Integration.
Role & Responsibilities of the PROJECT MANAGER:
Reporting to the Core Projects Operations Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for on and off site management of AV installations in the commercial environment, with a degree of technical ‘hands on’ contribution. They will be liaising with clients, main contractors and internal & external project teams, to deliver installations to the highest standard of satisfaction, on time and to budget. Applicants should be willing to work away from home for short periods of time as our client base extends across the UK, and into Europe. They will be expected to present themselves in a professional manner while motivating the delivery team and managing & driving the project to a successful conclusion.
- Attend internal project handover meetings with a view to taking early ownership.
- Coordinate all preliminary communications to establish early liaison with relevant parties and contractors.
- Managing all aspects of the project scheduling in conjunction with any key main contractor programme.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently whilst maintaining focus on budget and effective project delivery.
- Liaise with the procurement team to ensure a timely and cost effective purchasing and delivery programme is maintained.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure all drawings and supporting documentation necessary for accurate and informed delivery of the project, is achieved.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety documentation and files are maintained for all projects, and that safe systems of work are put in place throughout. Ensure regular reporting and monitoring of all internal and external Health & Safety processes. 8. Identify needs for Method Statements & Risk Assessments (RAMS) and produce effective documentation to support site processes. Ensure all RAMS are administered and adhered to in line with corporate policy.
- Adopt all current company Quality System procedures.
- Have capacity to take snapshot views of live project labour usage, budgeted labour allowance and live project progression with a view to reporting targeted status at requested times.
- Represent the company at a professional level with conduct befitting of the role, at all necessary project and company meetings.
- Prepare all documentation at the end of the project for handover to the client & for archiving purposes and make sure a sign off is obtained from the client.
- Carry out occasional project specific engineering tasks where necessary, some of which may involve levels of physical activity and safe working at heights via ladders, podiums, etc. Lone working conditions will be applicable at times in this role.
- Any other tasks that develop as part of the role, relating to the successful completion and delivery of the commercial projects.
Key Skills & Achievements
Required - Successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Project Management role within the AV industry.
- Project Management experience on varying scales of AV projects (up to £500K).
- Excellent communication with clients and colleagues both verbal and written
- Intermediate Computer Skills including the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio & Project).
- Good time keeping and ability to plan and organise projects and schedule work
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day.
- Being able to prioritise and work under pressure is essential
- Be able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail ensuring that we complete our work thoroughly, never walking away from a problem.
- Full clean driving licence (minor points will be considered).
- Have a valid passport.
- ECS or CSCS card
Desired - Although not required, it would be an advantage to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree level education in a practical engineering degree
- Based in the West London area, Berks or Bucks, M40 M4 corridor
- Crestron and AMX programming skills.
- Knowledge of Autocad Drawing package.
- InfoComm qualifications
- Site Manager Safety Training Scheme
- Project Management qualification e.g. PRINCE 2
If you would be interested in applying for the role of PROJECT MANAGER then please send us a copy of your CV or contact us at Zebrec and chat online.
Please also view our other live roles on our website. You can also follow us on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter) for regular live updates.
We look forward to your application for the role of PROJECT MANAGER.